Trailertrek Towbars are monitoring the latest updates from across the 4 nations and are pleased to announce the following updates for you. Most caravanning and camping sites will be open as follows and we are hoping there facility blocks will be as well at the start of this season but lets cross fingers for this…
Whilst there is still some final clarification required, especially around dates, our understanding is the following:-
England: Our earliest site opening date will be the 12 April.
- The Camping and Caravanning Club will be initially opening there campsites without facility blocks. If you have a booking between the 12 April – 16 May you must be a self-sufficient camper (one household only) with your own facilities – our toilets, showers and communal areas will be closed until 17 May.
Wales: The Camping and Caravan Club are opening our campsites on the 1 April for campers who live in Wales. Sites will not be able to take visitors from England, Scotland or Northern Ireland until travel restrictions have been lifted in those countries and Welsh guidance allows for visitors from other nations.
- We are initially opening our campsites without facility blocks. If you have a booking between 1 April – 30 April we are advising that you must be a self-sufficient camper (one household only) with your own facilities – our toilets, showers and communal areas will be closed. We have asked for further clarity on facility block opening dates and will update our advice accordingly.
Scotland: The Campng and Caravan Club’s earliest opening date will be the 26 April, subject to any wider tier restrictions that remain in place.
Northern Ireland: Restrictions have been extended until 12 April and we are awaiting further details.
These dates a subject to the Campong and Caravan Clubs Site official confirmation.
The Camping and Caravan Club have additional measure in place to make you safe…. These are as follows….
In line with government advice and our members feedback, we will continue with the successful measures we had in place last season:
- Contactless check in – this will be facilitated by Auto Balance Collect. The balance of any money due for your stay will be taken automatically from your account on the morning of your arrival. This means we’ll ask for your vehicle registration details when you book. When you arrive on site, you can remain inside your vehicle and a member of our site staff will welcome you and show you to your allocated pitch.
- Sensible social distancing – our campsites are spacious and our pitches have six-metre spacing between them.
- We’re only allowing individual bookings and with well-managed sites we can prevent large groups assembling.
- When on site we’ll be asking campers to follow latest government guidance on social distancing, group size, numbers allowed to meet/socialise and bubbles.
- For health and safety reasons, campers are not allowed to have day visitors onto their pitches – please meet family and friends off-site so we can limit the number of people on our campsites.
- There will be signs as a common sense reminder to keep two metres from other people.
- Facility blocks will have deep cleans plus supplementary cleans each day and guidance on how many people the block can accommodate at one time will be displayed.
- We will be asking campers to wear a face covering whilst in the facility blocks, where possible.
- On campsites with facility blocks, we’d ask that if you are able to use your own facilities in your unit, you do so as much as possible – this will help us manage demand and queuing. Campers will also be able to pitch their own toilet tent on their allocated pitch.
- There will be additional cleaning measures in place across our campsites including high contact areas.
- Our washing up areas will remain open, and we’ll open up communal areas such as laundries and play areas, subject to official guidance measures.
- To reduce areas of contact, our reception areas and shops will remain closed, at least at the start of the season. Please make sure you bring all your essentials with you.
- Service points will be open – please follow hand washing guidance; whilst we will have this available on sites, we’d ask campers to also bring with them their own supplies of soap and hand sanitiser.
- Campers will be able to ‘check in’ on our sites with the NHS Test and Trace app.
The Trailertrek Towbar Team hopes you have a great holiday after a year of lockdown.